Vegan Green Citrus Smoothie Recipe
Vegans and vegetarians usually know what they’re doing when it comes to making smoothies or juices. If you are new to either the vegan lifestyle or making smoothies, this recipe combines vitamin C from oranges and grapefruit, and blends them with healthy fiber, antioxidants and other wonderful nutrients and minerals from watercress and kale.
Tweaks: For a heavier vegetable base, swap out one of your oranges with a cup or two of your favorite leafy green vegetable. Depending on the size of your produce, you may need to add more water than this recipe calls for.
- 1 cup kale leaves
- 1 cup watercress
- 1 grapefruit, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 2 oranges, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 1 banana, peeled
- 1 cup purified, filtered water
- Add half of your water to your blender, mixing in your watercress, kale and grapefruit. Blend well.
- Add the rest of your water, slowly adding in your banana and oranges. Blend well.
- You may want to add a little more water, coconut water or coconut milk to get the texture you are looking for.
Nutrition per 1 cup – 95 cal, 0 g fat, 3 g protein, 6 mg sodium, 6 g fiber, 24 g carbohydrates